When life sends you a curve ball
When I look back, the best things in my life happened after something didn’t go to plan. I was devastated when I didn’t get my ‘perfect’ job in London, but I ended up re-thinking my situation and moved to Edinburgh. When I was made redundant, I was able to set up my own business.
When life throws you lemons, it is easy to get stuck in a cycle of negative thinking and catastrophising. But focusing on the negative will eventually send you into a downward spiral. It can be hard to remain positive, but there are many reasons why it is worth doing. This is the time to:
- sit (and make friends with) that uncertainty
- evaluate other options that you might have or what different direction you could take
- get friends and useful contacts on board
- stop that negative voice in your head telling you ‘you are useless’ or ‘you can’t do this’
- decide to see this as an opportunity and a challenge and not as a failure.
In years to come, this may just be the best thing that happened to you 😊